Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Poem: Your Role or Finding Us

Finding Us, May 2012

I wish you loved me the way that I love you,
I remember when our love was something true.
You would hold my heart softly in the palm of your hand,
From cloud 9 I would drift down in your space to land.
 
After the courting, the wedding, and a home we'd make,
Remembering how we cut the cake.
Children, laundry, chores galore,
Wondering why we work so hard when there is always more.

So when life started, cloud 9 drifted,
When would we no longer be rifted.
You work longer hours, I'm asleep once you get home,
I feel empty, drained, and alone.
 
Driven apart by pain and sorrow,
Wondering if we would be there tomorrow?
And now, years later, here we stand,
But this time your holding my hand.
 
Because you cannot hold my heart,
That is not your part.
Without my heart I would die,
Instead you should simply stand by.

Hold me up if I should fall, 
Be there to answer when I call,
Allow me to scream, tremble, and quake,
Be there for me when I wake.

I cannot give you a part of me and remain whole,
Instead stand by me, that is simply your role.


by: Areyousureaboutthatblog Author
Not Authorized for Reproduction Without Permission

Make Mistakes. Breath, Reflect. and Laugh.Out.Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it