Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Poem: Indian Summer

Indian Summer, March 2012

Sand and pebbles under my feet, 
Walking towards shore the lake sounds sweet.
This Indian summer is hot and such a treat,
But the lake breeze is calm and neat.
 
Yesterday was below 60 degrees,
We ate tomatoe soup and grilled cheese.
My teeth shivered and my quaking knees, 
Can you hand me the sweatshirt please!
 
But today - again - the sun is hot,
Again we need to find our towel a spot.
But this time my stomachs in a knot,
Knowing it's ending, whether I like it or not.
 
Indian summer you are my last sip,
Of summer fun and a weekend trip.
Tommorrow will be raining and a cool breeze,
I'm sure I will catch a sneeze.

In the lake we can go for a dip,
And a final kiss on my skin from the suns lips.
I walk down the shore with such ease,
This beach makes my kids so easy to please.
 
I'll have to close my windows again
Because the seasons come to an end.

by: Areyousureaboutthatblog Author
Not Authorized for Reproduction Without Permission

Make Mistakes. Breath, Reflect. and Laugh.Out.Loud

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it