Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Poem: Bath Time or How Much Did we Eat for Lunch?

Bath Time, 2011

It's the end of the day,
it's time to unwind.
Under our clothes,
What will we find.
 
Some leaves, and a rock,
A new bruise, and your sock.
In the bath we go,
My precious cargo.
Playing with their toys,
Making scuba diving noise.
 
The alphabet letters stick to the wall,
Hoping that they don't fall.
The older is taking a cup,
Hoping to splash his brother with some luck.
 
Okay boys 5 minutes more,
No mom, close the door!
I'm glad they don't want to leave their friend,
But frankly I'm pooped! And I want my my day to end!
 
Little one comes out first,
He laughs with a big burst.
Transfer to dad and the older ones next,
He decides to recite some text.
 
"The dog was barking and running around,
He was biting another dog and fell on the ground."
And then I feel my nights complete,
When You say: "wrap me up Mom" and "say something sweet."
"I love you mom, do you know how much?"
"I'll tell you it's as much as we ate for lunch."

The story behind the poem:

One night after bath time, my older son came out telling me a story about dogs, his favorite topic at the time. And very night after bath time he says "wrap me up mom" so I snuggle with him as I dry him in a towel. I love bath time because even though I'm exhausted, and looking forward to a quiet house. It is a great time to have scheduled "play" with the kids and tub toys. And scheduled "snuggle time as I wrap them up. It gives you that warm and snuggly feeling on the inside.

Original post: 2011


by: Areyousureaboutthatblog Author
Not Authorized for Reproduction Without Permission

Make Mistakes. Breath, Reflect. and Laugh.Out.Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it