Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Poem: Dad's Working Late

Dad's working late

Thank you dad for working late, 
So mom and I can have a date.
You will find us fast asleep,
With the books we've read knee deep.

Don't be mad, You must understand,
That you will hav to lend a hand,
And move me back to my own bed,
So you will have a place to lay your head.

The story Behind the Poem

We love reading books at night to our kids. And when my husband first started his Principalship he worked ridiculous long hours. So often, he'd come home and find me cuddled up with he kids, and a stack of books on the bed and floor that we'd read before bed. 

by: Areyousureaboutthatblog Author
Not Authorized for Reproduction Without Permission

Make Mistakes. Breath, Reflect. and Laugh.Out.Loud



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it