Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Poem: North Face Moms

North Face Moms, 2011

There they are standing around,
Looking at me, up and down.
I wave hello and walk on by,
I don't get caught up in the high and dry.
"Who said this?" and "she said that!"
Sometimes I feel like and entry mat.
I'm just there so you can wipe your thoughts on me,
Instead I wish you'd leave me be.
I'm just not that kind of women,
I'd prefer to discuss my new recipe using cumin,
Or something funny my son said,
And amaze at the depth of ideas in his head.
It's awkward for me not being like them,
Ironically I don't wanna stand around and cackle with the hens.

by: Areyousureaboutthatblog Author
Not Authorized for Reproduction Without Permission

Behind the Poem:

The title of this poem was inspired by a neighborhood mom. At the time my older son was attending catholic school. As you know we changed his school early on in the year do to his schools "Red Shirting" issue. At the time I saw the neighborhood moms, who's kids attend our neighborhood school, on the block chatting over the warmer months. One day we were discussing school issues and she mentioned the "North Face Moms." To her some "up & up" moms who give off a certain appearance of being better? Perhaps Wealthier? Well the label stuck in my mind. Does being more educated, and having a little cash to buy nice things make us automatically "up & up" or uppity? The poem summarizes my take and my position in all this.

Make Mistakes. Breath, Reflect. and Laugh.Out.Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it