Friday, February 14, 2014

Gardening Necessity: A Winter Spent Collecting Egg shells and BIG HUGE Tomatoes as my Reward

I am an avid city gardener. We are on a slightly oversized Chicago lot. With plenty of room for a veggie garden, flower beds, compost pile, dog poop compost, and a kids play area on wood chips.

Over the winter months I still compost, throwing our scraps outdoors. However my egg shells are broken into smaller pieces and kept in a container until their ready to be used in my tomato garden. This year I'll also be adding fish heads (or shrimp peelings), yes really. Supposedly the nutrition provided to the plant from compost, eggs shells as fish scraps is tremendous.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it