Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Poem: Husband

Husband

Sometimes you ask me to clean,
Some times you act like Steve McQueen.
But when I put a negleze on,
You can move over Don Juan.

Romantic, sweet, your my man,
Yes, I'd marry you all over again.
Even Sleeping with your socks on,
Not so much, let's move on.

Don Draper you are not, 
Good thing cause you'd have to be shot!
You work all day, with kids no less,
In a system that puts us all to the test.

In the door, a kiss for me,
Legs on the couch, daddy read to me...
The tv's off without a 2nd look, 
and your deep into the pages of a book.

Dinners simmering, "what's to eat?"
I know your tired, just beat.
But in that simple hour or two, 
it's just who you are and what you do.

Spending some time with us,
And noticing messes but without any fuss.
At the table we take our place
And discuss the day in our homemade space.

We appreciate the work that helped us make,
This house a home, with an oven to bake.
Your sense of humor keeps things fun,
Let's see if Leno or Dave is on?

Living on one salary is a chore,
But creative thinking means it isn't a bore.
My fruggleness makes the ends meet,
Often with a steak as a treat!

When the weekend comes it's Time together,
No matter what the weather,
It's the only thing we need to do,
Family starts with me and you.

by: Areyousureaboutthatblog Author
Not Authorized for Reproduction Without Permission

Make Mistakes. Breath, Reflect. and Laugh.Out.Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it