Thursday, February 20, 2014

Homemade No Milk Pancakes Recipe, I promised to make Pancakes and I have no milk!!

I made pancakes last night, with milk recipe, and I added a touch of cinnamon. Well, more then a touch. My younger son sampled them first. His eyes so big starring a the yummy pile on the plate. He took two ties and started coughing. The cinnamon was so strong it gave a sensation of a scratchy cough :-( To make our cravings go away I agreed to make pancakes again tomorrow. Here's how to Homemade No Milk Pancakes Recipe, I promised to make Pancakes and I have no milk!!


So today, which is the day after our cinnamon pancakes, I promised him my regular sweet pancakes....

However I opened the fridge and we are out of milk - thank you internet access!!

Here's a modified version of a Recipie I found. It makes the batter a bit runny, and the pancakes are nice and light. I'd use just under a touch of the 3/4 cup of water.

No milk pancakes

1 cup flour
2 tsp sugar
pinch of salt
2 flat tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp olive oil
3/4 cup of water
Optional: pats of butter

1/2 cup frozen blueberries (if you have fresh the pancakes will be less moist)
2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Instructions:

Pre heat the pan on low. Combine the first 4 ingredients. I make a small hill and make a whole in the middle for the eggs. I scramble them and incorporate flour slowly. Then I alternate water and oil as I whisk - add vanilla - keep whisking and alternating. Guaranteed no lumps!

Let the batter rest. Combine in a bowl the blueberries and sugar. I don't add mine to the batter because they tend to sink to the bottom, so I prefer to add my blueberries Into the pancake ought after I've poured them into the pan.

After I run out of blueberries I start making pancakes with the chocolate chips.

Increase the pan heat slightly (between medium and low). Using a 1 cup ladle I make 4 small pancakes in my 11" pan. Add the blueberries, I add 5-6 per pancake, there nice and moist with this amount. Add pat of butter in the center of the pan. Do not press down at any point. 


After 1-2 minutes the pancake will start to brown. Flip the pancake. You'll need slightly longer on this side, the blueberries make the pancake extra moist on this side.

I put a plate on the stovetop (not heated) and stack the pancakes here. They stay warm this way. 

Yummy pancakes saved by water!

Make mistakes Breathe. Google a solution. And Laugh.Out.Loud





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it