Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Poem: Phones Aren't Smart, or Obama Box

Phones Aren't "Smart," March 2012

Can't you put that thing away
Your finally home and you need to pay
Special attention to me and the kids
Were not something with a lid.
I turned to say something to you
And there's another bright hue
Shining right in your face,
That used to be my place.
 
I remember when you looked at me like that
Now I might as well be a cat.
I'll just sit here. By myself.
While you talk or write the world
I'll stay on this shelf.
 
Nope it's a text, more important then me,
Maybe it's an email, let me see.
I don't give a shit which it was,
A friend, coworker or the boss,
When you are home it's our time with you
They all had you, now their times thru!
 
I don't open my mouth just to talk,
You can't erase my words like chalk
I have something to say, 
Can you give me the time of day?

That's it, I'm done, I know I'm thru,
Begging to ask to talk to you.
When your in the house, shut it off,
It's time for family now, don't talk tough,
"what if it's an emergency?"
They've all got my number and can call me!

Let me tell you what that smart thing can't do:
Will it greet you with an I LOV u?
Does it make you dinner? Or warm your bed?
Did it bear your children? Does listen to what you said?
And then you asked: "What, what was that you say?"
I'll tell you "Put the fucking thing away!

by: Areyousureaboutthatblog Author

Not Authorized for Reproduction Without Permission

Shortly after Barack Obama took office, I heard a story about the "Obama Box." Before entering the oval office to meet with the President, entrants are REQUIRED to deposit there cell phones in the "Obama Box:" A simple basket that holds your device, so your meeting with the President can go uninterrupted, and it'll be safely waiting for you upon your exit.
Cell phones are left outside the Oval Office during a meeting with President Barack Obama,

It's simple. It's FREAKING BRILLIANT. And guess who has one at home! We DO!
Original Post: March, 2012

Make Mistakes. Breath, Reflect. and Laugh.Out.Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it