Friday, February 14, 2014

Creativity in Kids: Inspiration is Everywhere, If Parents Let Them Lead

My young son was inspired today... on his own. My mom job was to help him get the necessary parts. The cup he's holding in a musical instrument. His "guitar drum." He's been telling me all week his classmate Sean is having a "musicians theme birthday party" and "I just have to pick what instrument I want to have mom."
Creativity in Kids: Inspiration is Everywhere, If Parents Let Them Lead by areyousureaboutthatblog
Creativity in Kids: Inspiration is Everywhere, If Parents Let Them Lead, a photo by areyousureaboutthatblog on Flickr.

I didn't receive any invitation to said party. However it's a frequent topic at home lately. So today we were watching Curious George on PBS and it's was an episode where a colleague of the man in the yellow hat made an instrument. Then the commercial break showed kids making their own instruments from bowls, pots, cups, and the almighty multi purpose rubberband!

Here's my sons guitar drum. Wearing his ninja headband, because at nap time we read Magic Treehouse Night with the Ninjas.

To learn more visit my blog at areyousureaboutthatblog.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it