Sunday, March 30, 2014

Toddler Sensory Bin Busy with Ice so Adults can Talk

We were recently at an adult family birthday party with few other kids. It was getting late and nearly baby girls bed time. But you know how it goes... You start talking, get into a great conversation and you just can't leave NOW!?!? So I went into my mommy arsenal and invented a sensory bin on the spot to quiet my cranky girl - the secret ingredient: ICE.

We were all at the kitchen table, and baby girl was sitting at my feet. I asked our hostess for a few supplies and I got together this simple sensory bin. She was busy for 35 happy minutes!

Sensory bin assembly:
- a holding place for the ice cubes, a few of them crushed from the fridge dispenser.
- tools: a small 1/4 measuring spoon, a cork, a tablespoon, a small plastic cup and a flexible whisk.
- stay dry: finally a kitchen towel as her tray, and melting ice / water basin. We didn't want her soaked either!


At the end of the activity, baby girl was tired, and thoroughly washed her hands. I took her downstairs and rocked her to sleep, where I held her while we wrapped up our evening.

Ahhhhhhh...

Make Mistakes. Breathe, Reflect, and Laugh.Out.Loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it