Saturday, March 8, 2014

Poem: I Spy Games

I-spy poems we made up while commuting.


I spy a building taller then the trees, 
the birds land on top of it and do as they please.
Do you see there's a stick all the way on top. 
It looks like the handle of a mop. 
(a skyscraper antenna downtown)

I spy something brown 
that sits upon ur head. 
This one has something green
on top of it instead. 
This one is short and straight, 
I know you have it and I do too,  
we see it early and late.
I found it, can you?
(Your morning hair colic) 

I spy something brown sticking out of the ground
Sometimes it's a little white, and I keep it in my sight - leafless trees

I spy a passing blue sign
It is leaving us behind
It is blue red and white
I cannot keep it in my sight - highway signs

I spy something flying by
It's way up in the sky
It's brown and white
Concentrating on their flight - Birds

This original poem was from November 2010, while nursing my younger son.

I spy something. 
Warm and wet, 
it's in the morning that u get.
It tastes yummy, just divine,
But it doesn't taste like mommies wine.

If you are reading this post, please post a comment below on what you liked - or didn't  - about this read. Does the topic interest you and you want to know more? Submit a question and I am happy to tackle it.

by: Areyousureaboutthatblog Author
Not Authorized for Reproduction Without Permission

Make Mistakes. Breath, Reflect. and Laugh.Out.Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it