Saturday, March 8, 2014

PINspiration Project DIY Fail: That Cute Dinosair Plastic toy Toothbrush Holder

I love Pinterest. And with 25 millions pins, who wouldn't. Filling my day with kids activities and organizing activities becomes so easy when you have so many ideas. And then there's those ideas that LOOK great... But don't turn out that way. 

Pinterest had a cool post about repurposing kids toys into storage solutions. A plastic dinosaur becomes a toothbrush holder.... Loved it. So after I finished installing my DIY ladder for younger sons Junior Bunk Bed - I used the tools to drill some holes.

The drilling was slow and awkward in the plastic dinosaur. Then I kept having to make the holes bigger because we have those "easy to hold" bulky kids toothbrushes. So I used scissors to cut a large area out. Pinterest FAIL. The cutout is sloppy, and there is t a nice way to finish the cut plastic edges. Four bulky kids toothbrushes won't fit in this Dino. And I'm not making space in the bathroom for 2 Dino's.

Kids need to see us fail. So they can learn with us that things don't always work out. How to deal with said failure and talk thru what we learned.

It was nice to experiment. 


Make Mistakes. Breath, Reflect. And Laugh.Out.Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it