Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Gift of Strength and Endurance for my Husbands Month Long Training Away from Home with a Mommy Made Homemade Gift

When my husband was going to be away from us (at the time my Older and Younger son) for nearly a month, we were struggling with the thought of being apart so long. We had never been away from each other longer then a few days when I traveled for work. When I was in Minnesota at a Native American reservation with my Older and Younger son, we had seen these types of "gifts" for sale. It would be a silver, or plastic, Indian symbol and then some detail written about the beautiful object, its significance, its symbolism, and how it gave inspiration to the person receiving or wearing it. This was a mommy made inspiration a long time coming.

I really wanted to give him something inspirational - to remind him of his own courage and strength. He was going to be away for so long, it would be easy to forget why we are working so hard for, while we are so far away from home.  
I have many beautiful silver and turquoise pieces from my travels as a child with my dad to the South Western states. This silver and turquoise eagle was in an earring set. Its about 1 1/2" tall. I mearly needed to polish it for this display.

A Gift of Strength and Endurance for my Husbands Month Long Training away from Home Gift by areyousureaboutthatblog

I went ahead and looked up the symbolism of eagles. Mostly Native American inspirations came up in my search. There was such specific detail - down to a West or Eastward facing eagle. This one faces East.

I edited down a section of inspiration to fit the frame in MICROSOFT WORD. I set up the page size to match my photo frame. This helped with the editing down of what the final inscription would say, Then I changed the color to match the turquoise in the earring. Color of course also comes with its own symbolism. I made a TEXT BOX for the eagle earring to sit in, then it was much easier to frame the words around the box in word.

I already had this deep photo frame in my stash from my many thrift store excursions. I loved making this gift for my husband. He later sent me a photo, it was on his bed ledge next to the photo of us.

Make Mistakes. Breathe, Reflect. and Laugh.Out.Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it