Saturday, March 8, 2014

Poem: A New Baby, As the Weeks Go By.

A poem, about my new baby. This poem was inspired by the song by the Laurie Berkner Band, "5 days old." In my poem version this is life with a new nursing baby week to week.

Week 1 things are slow you sleep a lot

Week 2 you have started to eat non stop

Week 3 I'm told it's the halfway point

Week 4 remind me what's the point?

Week 5 still constantly eating

Week 6 I wish I knew what you were getting in a feeding

Week 7 still constant nursing

Week 8 at least your sleeping more and I've stopped cursing

Week 9 you lost some weight a bump in the road

Week 10 I'll have to supplement and 

Week 11 you scream at the breast

Week 12 I'm getting more rest

Week 13 I have a nipple infection

Week 14 at least you get only my nutrition




2012-09-07 009

By: Areyousureaboutthatblog author
Reproduction Not Allowed Without Permission

This is a photo of my baby girl nursing to sleepy and my young son just behind her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it