Wednesday, May 22, 2013

SAHM Gets Grateful

I was helping a cousin move today... She has a two year old, newborn twins and a beautiful new large home. So I asked my grandma and aunt to babysit my two little ones and went to my cousin unpack (and hold the new baby boys :-)

And then, after she shared her pros and cons feelings about her new home, and we unpacked and moved boxes, she confessed a little something. We shared how much work having a home is, the cost both financial and mental, and physical. Add kids, a husband, and work..... WORKING for someone. And suddenly > It hit me like a ton of bricks!!! I suddenly felt so at ease, and valued in my stay at home mom (SAHM) role.

I've done So Much Work to be a better mom, too improve my patience, to spend more kid time and less Pinterest crafts... And it's worked. I am a better mom. And I get to stay home and keep working at it. My husband and I make joint decisions so I can make this current decade long-ish "career" work. And in that moment of confession I felt so incredibly grateful to be able to stay home.

I can't imagine making this type of investment in my kids and having to work in an office. Suddenly my anguish ¿Am I doing enough? ¿Will my kids be strong, happy adults? ¡I should be making a financial contribution!

This moment helped me finally be at peace with my SAHM decision.... Yes, I admit finally. (Yes, I am an extreme Type A, always justyfying our decision for me to stay home with the kids. Lazy days, are...the...worst! I feel like I haven't earned time off - its sick - I Know!)

"The days are long, the years are short" > and I get to soak up every moment raising my kids.




Make Mistakes. Breath, reflect. and Laugh.Out.Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it