Monday, May 27, 2013

How to Survive all the baby advice?

Is every women on earth required by law to give unsolicited advice? I think so…I think women live and breath to tell you to this or that, but don’t forget ot this, and please don’t that! UGH! So why write this book? Well, frankly – its practical advice that I have gathered from reading other books, by the droves. Most moms don’t have time to read. Or sleep. So here is a quick read, east guide to the who, why how and where you can find it if you need to read further.

Good luck, you will do great!

Now I'm not telling you to READ!! But that's what I did. I remember when I was 2 months pregnant, I still hadn’t told anyone at work or in my family, I went to a area book store with my husband to find a nice pregnancy guide. Then I came across the “mom section” with scores of books on parenting, newborns, breastfeeding, baby sign language (WHAT?!), more on pregnancy journaling, baby journaling, scrap books, and I had my first emotional breakdown. OH MY GOD! How hard can this possibly be? All these books on babies and parenting, (and here I am writing one more?)

Well, I gathered up a stack of 10 books, and sat on the floor in a corner and started reading. For those who are pregnant (B.C. – before children), I recommend this type of moment, where you are alone, and it’s quiet, and you can sit and read all day. . . for those mom’s who already have there babies in hand (A.D. – after domination, child takes over your life) I know you are giggling. Well stop you are scaring the new moms.

So amongst my stacks of books (they grew) I learned a lot! Really great practical advice, and some books, you know the one that’s really popular one with the month-to-month “what if” guides, scared my to death with all the “this could be wrong if” scenarios. DON’T READ THOSE BOOKS! You have enough of other real time mom stuff to handle!

After my trip to the store, I brought home 3 books. In the what to read section, I have given you my “short” shopping list that I recommend for all mom’s and dad’s (and all the great support people, family, friends, in our lives).


Make Mistakes. Breath, Reflect. and Laugh.Out.Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it