Friday, June 26, 2015

Learning about Spittlebugs, First Week on our Summer Bucket List 2015

Last week we went on a walk at our local Nature Center, and I found these bunches of bubbles on plants. I assumed it was some sort of insect but I didn't know what it was. My daughter shouts enthusiastically now, it was a Spittlebug!! 

I remember being on a trip to Wisconsin Dells and feeling these six drops of rain falling on me from under the trees. However it wasn't raining. That trip was last year when I was already paying attention to the bugs around me. I still did not know what it was, until seen this at the nature center. They had a handout on programs they had which included learning about spittlebugs which I assumed was this little creature. 

Free learning at nature centers, these activities eat up our day! 

Make Mistakes, breathe, reflect and Laugh.Out.Loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it