Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Dear Friends, First Wedding Anniversary Gift: Paper and a Note

My two life long friends are celebrating their 1st Wedding Anniversaries... The sentimental friend that I am, I got them the traditional gift of paper! As I walked to the store, and came home from the Dentist (and during my cleaning), I thought about Paper, and Marriage... and their similarities. As is often the case, I mentally drafted the note inscription for my dear friends and their wives. I like symbolism, and practice soliloquy when putting my notes & thoughts in order.

So few gifts are handmade nowadays. We often lack time... But I have found putting a little thought, and finding a half an hour to write a note is such a personal and warm gesture. Very often appreciated and remembered for years to come! 

First Wedding Anniversary Gift: Paper

My note inscription:

"Dear 'Happy Couple,'                Jan, 2015

Happy first wedding anniversary. We are so thrilled you have found each other to love for a lifetime! It's a great tradition that paper is a first wedding anniversary gift. As you probably have experienced in the last 365 days… Marriage is a lot like paper! 

> The days come in many shapes and sizes. 

> Some days are smooth like linen and others are rough like raw fibers. 

> Some days you want to crumble up like a badly worded note and just start over (on a new day / page).

> But most days, I hope you find are filled with a variety of color, texture, feel and surprise. 

Just like on paper, we can erase mistakes leaving only a trace behind, and look forward to the rest of the pages we can fill with Loving Words, Kind Thoughts, and Many Happy Memories! 

I hope your marriage is filled with a variety of Beautiful Pages, like the "paper gifts" enclosed. 

Best Wishes and Many More Happy Anniversaries, 

with All Our Love 

signed


First Wedding Anniversary Gift: Paper  

Enclosed with this notes was a small stack of 25 or so notecards and envelopes. I keep odd and ends note cards and frequently pick up supply when I am out thrifting. Needless to say I have a small supply to carry me thru needing notes for all occasions until I am old and gray. I gathered a few cute and appropriate:
- notes from my supply
- lone envelopes
- a few sheets from writing pads
- and 1-2 sheets of plain paper, labels, and even index cards.


First Wedding Anniversary Gift: Paper Paper comes in all shapes and sizes, as does Marriage and the need for a variety in stock at home.


Make Mistakes. Breathe, Reflect and Laugh.Out.Loud 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it