Monday, August 19, 2013

Re-finish Frames for Fathers Day gift.

You will notice I'm writing this on August 19, and I'm not early for Fathers Day next year,  writing about the one that passed in June 2013.

I have a board on Pinterest with hand, finger and foot print ideas.

These were the inspirations. 


Work in progress. First sanding the ugly gold color frames (okay not ugly, but they don't match our homes style).

My any 'ol box for laying frames in for spray painting so it doesn't go everywhere and all over.




Then I spray painted the frames, about 3 coats letting them dry 10 minutes in between each coat. Baby girl was getting antsy by the end so I gave her a small outdoor water tub and some plastic cups to occupy her for a little longer. 

Here's the finished product hung up at home. Dad loves them, mom too. Thank you Pinterest!

Thing 2 - is my young sons nickname. We even have Thing 1 thru 3 t-shirts from Wisconsin Dells this year. That one has a phrase from "Oh the places you'll go," relevant because my husband read this book to the teachers on the first day of school as a "modeling exercise." But relevant to him too.
 
My older sons hands and feet.
2013-06-11 Family Spring 2013 001 (2)
 
Baby girls feet say "the best things in life aren't things." 
 
Here is young son about to wash off the colors form his hands when we made the Thing One and Thing Two imprints.
2013-06-11 Family Spring 2013 004
 
And finally the aftermath and Inspiration that my young son and baby girl enjoyed after we washed the paint off. They decided to paint the sidewalk with the remaining ink on the paint brushes and also "paint" with the water.
2013-06-11 Family Spring 2013 008
Um, this is NOT recommended as we used acrylic paint (for permanence in the project and Kid Art.... it is STILL on my sidewalk a year later).


The days are long the years are short. So enjoy the moment NOW. Paint and All!

Make mistake, breathe, reflect and Laugh.Out.Loud.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

PIN it